by Gene B. Beery
The six-legged dog that would run as fast as the speed of light!
Poundo was stranded in our reality when he popped out of the laptop of a
student studying cyberspace tunnels for a midterm exam in computer science.
Poundo appeared to be a blue-eyed Australian shepherd with the
characteristics of a curved tailed corgi with two extra legs for bonus
Sadly the student turned Poundo over to the local SPCA because he couldn’t
share with Poundo the little dog food he had to eat.
Poundo had been chasing a computer hacker’s five legged pit bull down
electronic paths and they both burst through a quantum blockage and both
ended up in a rural Ohio dog pound run by the SPCA.
Poundo began planning an escape from this SPCA "jail cell" almost
He needed room to get up to the needed high speed to transfer back to the
electronic trails of cyberspace. Back through the info highway, the
bloodless shooting games and etc. to get back to virtual reality and the
exhilarating super pace chasing bad and mad dogs for fun.
Poundo looked around the tiny cage he was locked in and calculated how many
circuits he would have to run to be fast enough to transition to where he
came from and wanted to be!
It was time for the quantum leap! Poundo never had been all the way up to
the speed of light, but good efforts had landed him in many interesting
realities along the way. Once at half the speed of light he was in cricket
heaven which was extremely noisy because crickets never went anyplace else!
Here in Cricket heaven also was an introduction to the surprising revelation
that there wasn’t any Cricket hell! Or a hell for any creature that ever
lived on earth or elsewhere! Arf! (WOW!)
Fearfully, but bravely, Poundo spun on with 5 legs worrying about
accidentally landing in dinosaur heaven. On went Poundo whizzing past
various pet heavens; Turtle, Horsie, Goldfish ,Kitty and even Doggie heaven!
He stopped deliberately for a moment at what was Human heaven, Poundo couldn’t
believe how sparse that population was! If there wasn’t any hell where were
the remaining humans? Poundo couldn’t take time to ask. Energizing his sixth
leg and holding on, he went for full speed- the fullest speed- the speed of
light! He almost blacked out from the force of acceleration in all
It turned out that on reaching the speed of light you found yourself in a
parallel universe- where fleas were in control!
Poundo hit the speed of light...
- ► 2014 (2388)
- ► 2013 (2375)
- NADA POOL PARTY / Saturday Dec 8th, 2012
- ABELOW SCHMABELOW @ BRAND NEW GALLERY, MILAN
- VENUS OVER MANHATTAN
- JEREMY DELLER @ GAVIN BROWN
- Alex Katz @ Gavin Brown
- Carroll Dunham @ Gladstone Gallery
- Carroll Dunham drawing @ Nicole Klagsbrun
- Cleopatra’s Family Jewels
- Keltie Ferris @ Mitchell-Innes & Nash
- Greg Lindquist
- "Animal Vegetable Pop Music," 2012, Jeremy Deller
- LOVE IS NOT IN CONTROL @ New Jerseyy opens FRIDAY,...
- Roman Signer @ Galerie Martin Janda
- GROUP SHOW @ NICOLE KLAGSBRUN GALLERY opens Thursd...
- TAL R @ CHEIM & READ
- SETH PRICE @ PETZEL
- Thornton Dial @ Andrew Edlin Gallery
- POUNDO by Gene Beery
- Join VOM for FUCK - Betty Tompkins works on paper ...
- JOHN PHILLIPS: DOWN THE BEACH
- John Williams @ Brennan & Griffin opens Friday, No...
- "Woman is Walking over a Night Street," 1928-1929,...
- Untitled, 1962, Paul Feeley
- "Der Bachsänger (Helge Lindberg)," 1916, Johannes ...
- "Gaspe Pink Sky," 1940, Milton Avery
- "Two Children," 1942, Marevna (Marie Vorobieff)
- RICHARD PRINCE: WHITE PAINTINGS @ SKARSTEDT GALLER...
- KRISTINA LEE
- ANDY WARHOL EATING A HAMBURGER, 1981
- "Saigon," 1967, Peter Saul
- Torbjørn Rødland: Vanilla Partner Book Signing @ D...
- "Abstract Printing (Digital America)," 2012, Keith...
- Bjarne Melgaard @ Luxembourg & Dayan
- PAINTING @ THE BOX opens December 1st, 2012
- Aleksander Hardashnakov @ Martos Gallery opens Thu...
- Viktor Kopp @ Bureau
- Keltie Ferris @ Mitchell-Innes & Nash Opens Thursd...
- TRENTON DOYLE HANCOCK @ JAMES COHAN GALLERY, NEW Y...
- Jeff Elrod @ The Journal Gallery opens Thursday No...
- NATHAN DILWORTH @ PICTURE MENU, BROOKLYN
- Xavier Cha @ 47 Canal opens Friday, November 30, 2...
- "Boy With Frog," 2009, Charles Ray
- "Semi-Geometric Cup," 1974, Ken Price
- "Oval 1," 2012, Philip Hanson
- Excerpt from ASK THE DUST by John Fante
- le artist!
- The Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venezia
- ADRIANA LARA @ Algus Greenspon
- Diet Piece "A crying pig's eye behind all the frui...
- Bill Hayden: Moving Chickens @ Real Fine Arts
- Untitled (I am the Mirror), 2012, Dr. Lakra
- Occupy Sandy Benefit at Santo's Party House
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
- James Hoff: Milking the Flat Cow @ Callicoon Fine ...
- House of Voltaire @ Jonathan Viner
- MARIA WALKER: FIVE POEMS FOR AND FROM THE STUDIO
- Caitlin Keogh @ Leslie Fritz opens November 30, 20...
- ALEX HUBBARD: BENT PAINTINGS (WHY HORSES PAINT) @ ...
- "Nevis," 2010, David Salle
- Jordan Wolfson: Raspberry Poser @ REDCAT
- "Cold War Painting 12," 2012, Johannes Wohnseifer
- MORE MILAN!
- Nolan Hendrickson, Eddie Martinez, JP Munro @ Zach...
- RYAN SIEGAN SMITH @ JOHAN BERGGREN GALLERY
- Ben Gocker's "Hot Potato" @ New York City
- GINA BEAVERS: PALATE @ CLIFTON BENEVENTO
- Tomoo Gokita @ Bill Brady KC
- Jon Pestoni @ David Kordansky
- GENE BEERY
- Shai Yehezkelli: Forever Sweat-Beads @ Julie M. Ga...
- CAROL BOVE
- Matt Connors: A Bell is a Cup Book Launch at MoMA ...
- BOYS NEXT DOOR: SHIVERS
- MICHAEL BUTHE @ GALERIE THOMAS FLOR
- GENE BEERY: ARTIST BOOKS
- OUT OF THE BLUE @ Bortolami opens TONIGHT, 6-8pm
- Pennacchio Argentato @ T293, Naples
- Ryan Foerster @ Martos Gallery
- "Statue of Liberty," 1962, Andy Warhol
- ROBERT HOLYHEAD @ KARSTEN SCHUBERT
- Nikolas Gambaroff: Tools for Living @ Overduin and...
- Alfred Boman
- Alexander Wolff @ Blanket / Cologne
- Angel Otero: The old lansquenet is laughing at us ...
- "Revolutionary Hardcore Formula VIII," 2010, Linde...
- "work! #3," 2012, Oscar Murillo
- Peter Piller @ Capitain Petzel Gallery
- TAL R @ CHIEM & READ
- ALLIE PISARRO-GRANT
- Mark Sengbusch @ Storefront Bushwick, Project Spac...
- WIRE: MANNEQUIN
- Lizzi Bougatsos and Thornton Dial @ James Fuentes
- Jeffrey Kessel @ Thierry Goldberg
- Alice Channer: Cold Blood @ Lisa Cooley
- Joshua Neustein @ Untitled
- Pieter Schoolwerth @ Miguel Abreu Gallery
- BERND RIBBECK @ ALISON JACQUES GALLERY
- WIRE: FRAGILE
- Zak Prekop @ Thomas Duncan
- The escape from the banal everyday life to the wor...
- SETH PRICE @ PETZEL, 456 W 18th Street
- "Family Tree," 2012, Leigh Ruple
- Michael Krebber at CAPC musée d'art contemporain d...
- This is a Dance by Michael Mahalchick @ Danspace P...
- WHERE IS JACK GOLDSTEIN @ VENUS OVER MANHATTAN
- Charles Bukowski: 1813 - 1883
- Cole Sayer @ JTT opens Sunday, November 18th, 2012...
- SEBASTIAN BLACK BOOK LAUNCH & EXHIBITION @ KARMA T...
- HARRY NILSSON: I NEVER THOUGHT I'D GET THIS LONELY...
- ABELOW SCHMABELOW @ BRAND NEW GALLERY opens Thursd...
- Thornton Dial @ Andrew Edlin Gallery
- SEBASTIAN BLANCK
- Adriana Lara @ Algus Greenspon opens Saturday, Nov...
- SEBASTIAN DACEY @ JACKY STRENZ opens Friday, Novem...
- New Pictures of Common Objects at MoMA PS1, 2012
- JOAV BAREL @ TEMPO RUBATO, Tel Aviv
- "Baguette Sculpture," 2012, Egan Frantz
- JESSICA DICKINSON
- Calla Henkel and Max Pitegoff @ Tomorrow
- Liam Everett @ Altman Siegel
- ISCA GREENFIELD-SANDERS
- Gabriel Hartley @ PRAZ-DELAVALLADE
- Goshka Macuga @ Andrew Kreps
- ROB PRUITT
- "CRACK IS WACK," 1986, Keith Haring
- Joe Bradley and Dan Colen @ GBE, Harlem
- HABEAS CORPUS @ HALSEY MCKAY opens Saturday, Novem...
- Opening of LOVE curated by Stephen Truax @ One Riv...
- Stephen Truax, Max Heiges, Alex and Becky Chipkin ...
- Lizzi Bougatsos & Thornton Dial @ James Fuentes
- LIZZI BOUGATSOS & THORNTON DIAL @ JAMES FUENTES op...
- JOE BRADLEY & DAN COLEN @ GBE, Harlem: November 12...
- Kevin Zucker @ 11 Rivington opens November 9th, 20...
- WHERE IS JACK GOLDSTEIN? @ VENUS OVER MANHATTAN op...
- Bjarne Melgaard
- Tatiana Berg & Evan Nesbit @ Storefront Bushwick o...
- David Harrison @ VW (VeneKlasen/Werner) opens Nove...
- Loïc Raguénès @ C L E A R I N G, Brussels
- Sharon L. Butler
- BEAUTIFUL BALANCE @ NEUE ALTE BRÜCKE opens Novembe...
- It's When It's Gone That You Really Notice It @ Si...
- MAC DEMARCO: MY KIND OF WOMAN
- Laura Owens @ Sadie Coles
- Toward a New Form Order (GUEST SPOT @ THE REINSTIT...
- Fred Lonidier @ Essex Street opens Friday, Novembe...
- LAUREN LULOFF
- "Self-Portrait with TV," 2003, Joshua Abelow
- RAW THRILLS: IT'S A NEW YORK CITY THANG
- Neil Campbell & Alexandre da Cunha @ Office Baroqu...
- James Hoff @ Callicoon Fine Arts opens Sunday, Nov...
- Nikolas Gambaroff @ Overduin and Kite opens Sunday...
- ROBIN CAMERON @ ROOM EAST
- Sanya Kantarovsky @ Tanya Leighton
- "Half Arrow," 2012, Jon Pestoni
- Evan Holloway @ The approach
- Mac DeMarco: Freaking Out The Neighborhood
- MATT CONNORS @ PS1 through December 31st, 2012
- Jeff Kessel @ Thierry Goldberg opens Sunday, Novem...
- Mark Grotjahn: Cardboard Masks
- GRESHAM'S GHOST & NUDASHANK: GRAN PRIX opens Frida...
- Alex Ebstein @ sophiajacob
- "Nude Seated on Chair Back," 1954, Allan Kaprow
- ANDY WARHOL
- "Bradley Manning," 2011, Charles Irvin
- TESSA PERUTZ
- DIANNA MOLZAN @ The Institute of Contemporary Art,...
- RICHARD ARTSCHWAGER! @ the Whitney
- "Sledgehammers," 1933, Sybil Andrews
- IFPDA Print Fair, Park Avenue Armory, NYC
- GINA BEAVERS @ CLIFTON BENEVENTO opens Saturday, N...
- Evan Hughes’s 1972 Dodge pickup got its distinctiv...
- Rick Briggs
- Lukas Geronimas + Jesse A. Greenberg @ KANSAS open...
- HELEN MARTEN @ Kunsthalle Zürich
- "Escape From Freedom," 2012, CHRISTINA FORRER
- Sean Landers @ Sorry We're Closed
- "Meeting," 1986, James Turrell @ PS1
- MIKE METZ, SUSAN SMITH, AND HEWITSON KONG @ BULL A...
- RAFAEL VEGA
- Giorgio Griffa @ Casey Kaplan
- klaer, uglee callamari @ Ramiken Crucible opens We...
- CHARLES MAYTON @ BALICE HERTLING OPENS NOV 4th, 2...
- Egan Frantz & Sebastian Black @ Roberts & Tilton
- Koenraad Dedobbeleer @ C L E A R I N G
- GENE BEERY
- Keith Mayerson
- "Sandfountain," 2012, Klaus Weber
- SASCHA BRAUNIG @ FOXY PRODUCTION
- Chuck Webster and Patrick Berran @ No Globe Exhibi...
- X Y Z : The Problems of Perception @ Cherry and Ma...
- ▼ November (192)
- ► 2011 (2690)